Preferred DVD playing app?

Stephen Hocking yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 2 15:31:01 2003

Matthias Saou wrote:

> If you want a quick overview of what's available, you can skim through this
> page : http://freshrpms.net/docs/dvd/
>
> All of those are available as Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 package from
> http://freshrpms.net/ too.
>
> My current choice is to use Ogle for everything but interlaced streams, for
> which I use MPlayer using its nice post-processing filter ("-vop pp=lb" or
> with the latest CVS versions "-vf pp=lb").

I went off to freshrpms.net and poked around, then added it to my yum.conf, so
I didn't have to worry about working out the dependencies myself. Ogle doesn't
seem to do much, but both mplayer and Xine work fine, although mplayer
grumbles about the speed of my machine. I had to use esd to get the sound to
work. I suspect that if I ran the movies off the hard drive, I would even miss
out on those messages.

	Setphen
--

 "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" - Bertrand Russell