cloning drive

Michael Molino yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 2 08:06:01 2003

I have an iBook running YDL 3.0 with a 30 GB harddrive.  I just bought a WD
200 GB internal IDE drive ($100.00 after rebates) and a hard drive enclosure
that lets me use the drive as an external Firewire or USB 2.0 drive ($50).
I'd like to make two partitions out of it - one 30 GB drive as a complete
backup of my laptop, and the rest of the space for media.

What is the best way to clone my laptop hardrive onto the partition?

Keep in mind, my 30 GB harddrive is not one partition.  I have an OSX
partition as well as whatever partitions YDL created.  I want to be able to
completely restore my laptop in a wort-case-scenario event (for instance
having to replace my harddrive because of disk failure).

--
Michael Molino
973-769-0994