New user with a couple of question

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 3 13:23:01 2003

At 11:23 -0400 on 2003-9-3 Rick Thomas wrote:

 > You should be able to use the optical mouse as a one-button mouse.
 > I have a Kensington four button track ball that I tried to use with
 > YDL. It worked fine as a one-button mouse. (sigh!) There was no
 > support for the extra buttons that I could figure out.

TThis is kind of weird as far as my experience goes, since all of my
mice (including a wheel Kensigton, an optical, wheel Contour, and even
a wireless, wheel Targus) worked without problems and without any
action on my behalf (OK, I did put new batteries into the Targus...).
By worked I mean full functionality, including the wheel mapped to
buttons 4 and 5 (for use under X).  I did not have to do anything but
plug the thing in.  I should note however that all of these are USB
mice, so the things go through the USB system and do not use the
mousedev kernel module.

I know this is no solution (sorry), maybe a bit of assurance for the
initial poster--fact is my PPC machines are legacy-free, i.e., no
serial port and no ADB connectors, so even if I want to try other
kind of mice I would have no means to do so (my Intel boxes do have
serial and PS2 connectors but I have never used them except for the
keyboard).

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.