resolv.conf and dhclient

nathan r. hruby yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 4 04:59:01 2003

See this month's issue of Sysadmin Magazine, specificly the Q&A Section
which has a similar question a possible answer (eg: you can change the
script that does this to suit your whims :)

-n

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Stefan Bruda wrote:

> Hi.
>
> In the good ol' days of the dhcpcd daemon, the -k switch (if memory
> serves me well) caused the daemon to quit and in the process
> /etc/resolv.conf was restored to its previous (static) incarnation.
> Now with the dhclient there does not appear to be any way of doing the
> same.  I do now a killall -QUIT on the daemon but the resolv.conf
> (which gets changed upon connection) never gets restored.  This kind
> of sucks in my case, as I use my notebook with a static address as
> well as with a dynamic one (the two resolv.conf being of course
> different).  Is there any solution to this (other than write a wrapper
> script)?
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan

nathan hruby <nhruby@uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free