resolv.conf and dhclient

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 3 17:45:01 2003

Hi.

In the good ol' days of the dhcpcd daemon, the -k switch (if memory
serves me well) caused the daemon to quit and in the process
/etc/resolv.conf was restored to its previous (static) incarnation.
Now with the dhclient there does not appear to be any way of doing the
same.  I do now a killall -QUIT on the daemon but the resolv.conf
(which gets changed upon connection) never gets restored.  This kind
of sucks in my case, as I use my notebook with a static address as
well as with a dynamic one (the two resolv.conf being of course
different).  Is there any solution to this (other than write a wrapper
script)?

Thanks,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.