nfsd and sunrpc modules

Jann Röder yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 4 07:14:00 2003

Hi,
I tried to build my own custom kernel for my YDL 3 system. I used the
official 2.4.22 sources and the PPC patch :
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/ports/ppc/2.4/ . Maybe I should
have used the BenH or the bitkeeper version. However compiling went well
and the kernel works, but I'm having problems with the sunrpc and nfsd
modules. If I try to load them I get an unresolved symbol error:
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/net/sunrpc/sunrpc.o: unresolved symbol
local_flush_tlb_page

I know that in the YDL kernel NFS is compiled into the kernel. Is module
support broken on PPC for this ? Did anyone manage to compile this
correctly ?

My custom kernel is more than one megabyte smaller than the YDL kernel.

Thanks in advance
Jann

--
Jann Roeder