no sound from gnome cd player or grip

Jann Röder yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Sep 5 06:16:01 2003

I think this might be because grip or whatever tries to use an analog
audio cable for music from the cd-drive. In later mac models apple did
not use such a cable anymore. So you have to swicth to digital audio cd
playback. Though I don't know how to do this. Ripping is always using
digital audio extraction (i.e. read the data from the cd through the ide
cable)

Jann