no sound from gnome cd player or grip

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 4 22:55:01 2003

Hi.

At 22:41 -0500 on 2003-9-4 John Van Hoorn wrote:

 > I have the same problem on a Powerbook G3 (lombard).
 > Running KDE and using KsCD, the tracks are recognized and progress
 > though songs, but no sound.
 > Sound works otherwise for system sound, MP3, realplayer.
 > It did work once for one track, but hasn't again.

Not sure whether your G3 is new enough to need such a fix to the
problem you mention, but do take a look at

http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2002-April/000167.html

and follow the instructions therein.  Xmms-cdread is on the install CD
set in YDL 3, although the version is somehow old (it works, so who
cares).

Hope it works for you,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.