no sound from gnome cd player or grip

John Van Hoorn yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 4 21:42:01 2003

I have the same problem on a Powerbook G3 (lombard).
Running KDE and using KsCD, the tracks are recognized and progress
though songs, but no sound.
Sound works otherwise for system sound, MP3, realplayer.
It did work once for one track, but hasn't again.

Also, my sound daemon has quit once in the past (that I'm aware of) due
to what it reported as something like (sorry, didn't write it down
immediately) CPU resource usage limitations.