APC UPC + YellowDog Linux?

Don Montalvo yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 4 18:43:01 2003

I did a search of the archives and the YellowDog site but I haven't
been able to find clear, concise instructions on how to set up an APC
UPS with a Mac running YellowDog Linux.

I live in Manhattan and I'm running YellowDog Linux 2.3 (Apache
1.3.x) on a Wallstreet Powerbook (233mhz/384M/6G). I didn't install a
GUI since it's just functioning as a web server (and I need to keep
my CLI skills up to snuff).

I purchased two BE725BB APC UPS's:

<http://apcc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BE725BB&language=en&LOCAL.APCCountryCode=US>

One is protecting my workstation and the second is going to (I hope)
protect my YDL/Wallstreet server. I wouldn't worry so much if the
built in battery in the darned thing worked...but I can't afford to
get a replacement Wallstreet battery and I'd much rather get this APC
UPS working.

Anyone been able to get this to work? I have a simple home
network...no SNMP here. Just a dinky YDL/Wallstreet webserver that
died when the lights went out.

Thanks,
Don