no sound from gnome cd player or grip

R. Hirschfeld yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Sep 5 06:48:01 2003

> From: Stefan Bruda <bruda@ubishops.ca>
> Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 00:54:49 -0400
>
> Not sure whether your G3 is new enough to need such a fix to the
> problem you mention, but do take a look at
>
> http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2002-April/000167.html
>
> and follow the instructions therein.  Xmms-cdread is on the install CD
> set in YDL 3, although the version is somehow old (it works, so who
> cares).

There's also:

http://yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/sound.shtml

I'm not sure why I didn't see this before posting.

The HOWTO recommends different output plugins for CD and MP3, but is
it really necessary to switch between them?  All the choices (except
Disk Writer, which I didn't try) seem to work for both.

Still no sound from grip or gnome-cd, but at least xmms works.

Ray