iBook 700Mhz Combo Drive

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Sep 5 09:38:02 2003

> On Thursday 04 September 2003 23:42, Michael Kalus wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> has anybody here managed to get the CDWriter working? I can start the
>> program, but it only sees the "DVD Portion" of the drive and does not
>> identify it as a burner?
>>
>> Any way I can force it?
>>
>> Michael

<snip>

Michael:

I had this problem with my iBook2 800.  It was not a Linux issue at all,
but the fact that the burner program has to be told the combo is a burner.
 It's a bit tricky because the config can get lost between sessions if not
saved correctly.  I posted something on this once before, so maybe you can
find it.  Otherwise, I'll dig up the post when I get home and put it up
again.

George