PPC RPM's

Michael A. Peters yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Sep 7 06:24:01 2003

> > Good example is flash plugin not available for ppc linux platform.
>
> Proprietary software is a different story...

There is an open source flash plugin - part of swfdec.
swfdec compiles for me, but the mozilla plugin component won't compile
for me (gcc 3.3.1 issue with the mozilla 1.4 header files it needs) on
my x86 - and supposedly the swfdec flash player needs a LOT of work
(according to the project documentation) and doesn't handle newer flash
very well - especially interactive - but hopefully in the not too
distant future, it (and its mozilla plugin) will be a good non
proprietary solution.