Query re: newest openoffice and YDL 2.3

Alex Hanzlik-Green yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Sep 7 12:11:01 2003

I tried to install the newest version of OpenOffice on my 333iMac
running 2.3.

I got an error message saying that I need glibc 2.3 or higher.

So I downloaded a tar archive of GLIBC_2.3.2 and when I tried to make
the install, it balked and listed several (I'm not going to list them
because my questions below are simple) conflicts.

Should I keep monkeying with it so I caninstall the newest OO  release,
or should I install an older version?  And can I install glibc 2.3 on
YDL 2.3--I know it comes standard on 3.0.

thanks,

Alex