white g3 ibook, r128 xv driver only works at 800x600.

Lee Thao yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 8 13:25:01 2003

I changed the XFree86 driver from fbdev to r128, to get Xine to play dvds at
a decent rate.  X would not start when XF86Config had 1024x768 as only
screen size (gave r128(0): Virtual height and Memory initialzation errors).
But when I set default screen size to 800x600, X starts and uses the upper
left corner out to 800x600, with gibberish images the rest of the 1024,768
display.  In this mode though, xvinfo said xv was enabled (so r128 driver
was being used) and in fact DVD plays MUCH FASTER!!

Why am I limited to 800x600 with this driver?  Can I fix it?

lee thao