Cpufreq issue - PB G4 only running at 667mhz

Jason Lee yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 10 10:05:01 2003

Norberto Quintanar wrote:

>try this at the command line
>echo -n "0%75%100%performance" >/proc/cpufreq
>
>taken from info at
>http://www.staikos.net/~staikos/tibook/
>
>worked on mine :) but YMMV

Thanks, but nope. It shut down. Wow, maybe there's something wrong with
my machine. Hmm, this is sorta worrysome now. I have no problems on the
OS X side at all with this. I looked at the above page and apparently we
have the same PB models, just different cpu speed.

I looked in the kernel settings too and the cpu frequency scaling was
indeed disabled. This sucks. Not YDL itself - I actually like YDL quite
a bit - but this whole cpufreq thing. Sigh, well, thanks.

- Jason