newbie - internet dialup setup problems

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 11 08:12:01 2003

Tell us more about your system. Apple (like M$) seems to be going more
toward "softmodems" (modems driven more by software in your machine,
rather than actual physical hardware) these days; and in most cases,
Linux does not have the capability to utilize these pseudo-modems.

--Harvey

PS: Your config problems sound exactly like mine; & it turned out that
the modem in my iMac is a software modem.