Web based interface to Courier-imap

Jason Lee yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 11 09:08:01 2003

Sean V. Kelley wrote:

>Okay, it looks like I needed to type:
>
>http://myhost/webmail/
>
>with a trailing /
>
>So now I am at the Squirrelmail login, but when
>I try to login, I get this error:
>
>  There was an error contacting the mail server.
>   Contact your administrator for help.
>
>I am using Courier-Imap.
>
>Sean

You might see if the service is running - I think it's called
'courier-imap'. Check for it in:

/etc/rc.d/init.d

Then issue the command:

service courier-imap status

If it's not running, then type:

service courier-imap start

Also, if you want it to start when the computer starts type:

chkconfig --add courier-imap

You can double check it's been added by going into the network services via:

setup

Then choose 'System Service' and make sure courier-imap is checked.
There's also a Gnome interface into services:

redhat-config-services

Also, check your logs. /var/log/httpd/error_log, /var/log/messages,
/var/log/maillog

- Jason