Web based interface to Courier-imap

nathan r. hruby yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Sep 12 13:15:01 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:

> Because Squirrelmail doesn't support SSL IMAP out of the box. You have
> to jump through hoops for it, and even then it uses experimental openssl
> extensions, so instability is more or less expected. I suggest using
> stunnel instead. More efficient, too.

If you have confidence in your box and Squirrelmail is running on the same
machine as the IMAP server you can cheat and open a imapd on localhost and
then tell Squirrelmail to use that instead, assuming that Squirrelmail is
SSL'ized to begin with.

If not, stunnel=good.

-n
nathan hruby <nhruby@uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free