r128 DMA=1,Xv enabled driver on dual usb ibook too slow, ppc gatos?

Patrick Smith yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 11 16:58:00 2003

Lee Thao wrote:
> What is CVS anyway, another download protocol?  does it just allow me to get
> a tar.gz source file?

Concurrent Version System.

You should be able to get an RPM from it from your YDL disk; install it.
  Then go to gatos.sourceforge.net and find the instructions for
downloading the drivers from CVS.  Follow them (if I remember correctly,
  you want package ati.2 for the drivers).  This should give you not a
tar.gz file, but a directory tree containing all the source files (as if
you had expanded a tar.gz file).

One point to be careful of:  you need to match the driver version to the
XFree86 version.  If you just get the latest driver version through CVS,
that probably means XFree86 4.3.0 (or maybe 4.3.0.1?).