r128 DMA=1,Xv enabled driver on dual usb ibook too slow, ppc gatos?

Lee Thao yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Sep 12 08:27:02 2003

Got the CVS ati.2 files.  The instructions say:

xmkmf /path/to/your/xfree86/tree
make
make install

I have default YDL3 install, what is my /path/to/my/xfree86/tree?  is it
looking for /usr/X11R6 dir?  or source tree?  if source, can I install
src.rpm?  then what should path be for xmkmf?

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com]On Behalf
Of Patrick Smith
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 5:57 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: r128 DMA=1,Xv enabled driver on dual usb ibook too slow,
ppc gatos?

Lee Thao wrote:
> What is CVS anyway, another download protocol?  does it just allow me to
get
> a tar.gz source file?

Concurrent Version System.

You should be able to get an RPM from it from your YDL disk; install it.
  Then go to gatos.sourceforge.net and find the instructions for
downloading the drivers from CVS.  Follow them (if I remember correctly,
  you want package ati.2 for the drivers).  This should give you not a
tar.gz file, but a directory tree containing all the source files (as if
you had expanded a tar.gz file).

One point to be careful of:  you need to match the driver version to the
XFree86 version.  If you just get the latest driver version through CVS,
that probably means XFree86 4.3.0 (or maybe 4.3.0.1?).