r128 DMA=1,Xv enabled driver on dual usb ibook too slow, ppc gatos?

Patrick Smith yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Sep 12 09:41:01 2003

Lee Thao wrote:
> Got the CVS ati.2 files.  The instructions say:
>
> xmkmf /path/to/your/xfree86/tree
> make
> make install
>
> I have default YDL3 install, what is my /path/to/my/xfree86/tree?  is it
> looking for /usr/X11R6 dir?  or source tree?  if source, can I install
> src.rpm?  then what should path be for xmkmf?

Hmm... Myself, I built the drivers the other way... by moving them into
an XFree86 source tree and then building all of XFree86.

'man xmkmf' says this:

> SYNOPSIS
>        xmkmf [ -a ] [ topdir [ curdir ] ]
>        If working inside the X Consortium build tree (unlikely unless  you  are
>        an  X  developer,  and  even then this option is never really used), the
>        topdir argument should be specified as the relative  pathname  from  the
>        current  directory to the top of the build tree.  Optionally, curdir may
>        be specified as a relative pathname from the top of the  build  tree  to
>        the  current directory.  It is necessary to supply curdir if the current
>        directory has subdirectories, or the Makefile will not be able to  build
>        the  subdirectories.   If  a  topdir  is given, xmkmf assumes nothing is
>        installed on your system and looks for files in the build  tree  instead
>        of using the installed versions.

Sounds like you need the source tree.  You should be able to get that by
installing the appropriate .src.rpm; I'd guess the source will then be
somewhere under /usr/src.  Or, if YDL doesn't supply the XFree86 version
you need, you could download the source and install it whereever you
want.  See http://www.xfree86.org/MIRRORS.shtml.