Memory Creeping Up

Patrick Larkin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 15 13:27:01 2003

On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 03:04 PM, Ben Ricker wrote:

> You need to provide much more information here. What process(es) are
> taking the memory that is creeping up? MySQL?

Sorry about the post but I posted it on the newbie list and I suppose
it was a bit advanced for that list.

I just took a screen shot of TOP and will check it tomorrow to see
which processes are growing.  I'm just looking at the line:

Mem:   190592K av,   92396K used,   98196K free

The "Free" line was at 4000K this morning.

mysqld seems to stay at 14568 and even when its hit I don't notice it
go up.  There are only 3 small databases running on it at the moment.
I just didn't expect to see the memory fluctuate like that.  This setup
was previously running on MacOS X and I didn't see this issue.

Thanks for the reply.