Memory Creeping Up

Ben Ricker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 15 14:12:01 2003

Although the method below will show you that memory can be cleaned up,
it may not be a good idea on a production box!

I would still get sysstat:
http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/yellowdog/1.0/extras/yellowdog-2.3/ppc/sysstat-4.0.1-2.ppc.html

It may also be installed already (I am not in front of my YellowDog box
right now). Sar is about the best program there is for monitoring all of
your resource components to a fine-grained detail: RAM, IO, CPU
utilization, etc.

Ben Ricker