xinetd

Jann Röder yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 15 15:43:00 2003

Well you need to go to /etc/xinitd.d and look for the files in there.
There is one file for each service. Then you can change the disbaled =
no line to yes to disable a service. But if you want to save memory you
should rather look for the services that are started via initd. You can
use the graphical redhat-config-services tool or the comandline tool
ntsysv . In fact the ntsysv tool can also manage xinitd based services.

Jann