easy way to get default GNOME desktop

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 16 06:02:01 2003

I don't have anything against the YDL desktop configuration.  I realize
it is intended to be more similar to the Mac than Windoze.

However, I'd prefer to have the default GNOME setup by default for a
friend for whom I'm setting up this B&W G3...  Personally, I use CTWM,
but that's not for the faint of heart.  But that means I know little
about the GNOME setup, all the apps involved in the desktop (I know
nautilus and metacity are there and there must be a panel app...) and
their various configuration files...

Is there a straightforward way for me to get the default GNOME desktop
to be the default for new users on this machine?  I'm not adverse to
the command line, so a few hoops won't phase me...  I just want to get
the machine set up so I can hand it over and help him by phone when
needed...

Thanks!
-Michael