Native Macromedia Flash player and browser plugin

Tomas Groth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 17 11:54:00 2003

Hi,

I don't know how many of you already know this, but just in case:
There does exists native Macormedia Flash players and browser plugins for
linux!
There are two different projects: swfdec and gplflash.

swfdec (swfdec.sourceforge.net) is the newest one, and is maintained, but it
does not support buttons, which more or less (until the feature is added)
makes it useless as a browser plugin in regards to flash-menus etc. It
should support some of the sound formats.

gplflash is the old one and it is not maintained, in fact it's official
webpage has just been removed, so I made it available here:
http://home.tiscali.dk/tomasgc/flash-0.4.10x.tar.bz2 . But it's the better
one at the moment. It supports buttons, but no sound in animations made for
Flash 4 or above. It won't render the most complex animations, but it's
better than nothing!
btw, gplflash does not have a proper build system so after the "make"
command (you'll need zlib and libjpeg in order to compile) you'll have to
copy the .so files to your lib directory, and the plugin (npflash.so) to
your mozilla plugin directory.

I really think someone should add a RPM with gplflash to the the apt-get
ruffpacks or someplace like that!

Best regards,

Tomas

PS.
I'm not on this list, so if you want to mail me, do it directly at
tomasgroth@hotmail.com

Få gode tilbud direkte i din mailbox  http://jatak.msn.dk