Moving Files Between YDL Machines

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 17 13:57:00 2003

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 03:16:23PM -0400, Patrick Larkin wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I need to automate the movement of files between machines.  I need to
> move datafiles created on a MacOS X machine to two YDL machines.  I
> need to be able to script the transfer and to use cron to run move the
> files at a precise time.

I use rsync and cron to "backup" the logfiles from an Apache server.
rsync is available on both linux and OSX.  You will have to run one
of the servers as a daemon, though.  This isn't much of a problem
when you can firewall that port to only the two machines that need
access to it.

If you need or want more details, let me know.

--
Ken Schweigert, Network Administrator
Byte Productions, LLC