Moving Files Between YDL Machines

Suman Chakrabarti yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 17 15:49:01 2003

>On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 03:16:23PM -0400, Patrick Larkin wrote:
>>  Hello -
>>
>>  I need to automate the movement of files between machines.  I need to
>>  move datafiles created on a MacOS X machine to two YDL machines.  I
>>  need to be able to script the transfer and to use cron to run move the
>>  files at a precise time.
>
>I use rsync and cron to "backup" the logfiles from an Apache server.
>rsync is available on both linux and OSX.  You will have to run one
>of the servers as a daemon, though.  This isn't much of a problem
>when you can firewall that port to only the two machines that need
>access to it.
>
>If you need or want more details, let me know.

I would be interested in additional details as well. I'll need to
sync files on OS X, YDL, and Solaris machines.

		SC

--
Suman Chakrabarti, Ph.D.
Thermal / Fluids / Plasma Propulsion Modeling Engineer	(& Kitchen Sink)

TD40 / Propulsion Research Center		<Suman.Chakrabarti@nasa.gov>
NASA Marshall Space Flight Center		AIM/iChat:  <scstr@mac.com>
Huntsville, AL  35812
			Schedule:	<webcal://ical.mac.com/scstr/Work.ics>

TD40 is a part of the Space Transportation Directorate at NASA MSFC
Any opinion expressed is my own and not that of NASA

"If it's Sumanly possible, it'll be done."