667 or 1Ghz ?

Jason Lee yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 18 13:15:00 2003

Anonymous wrote:
> ... This is the question...
>
> ;)
>
> I have install YDL 3.0 on my PB G4 1Ghz,... But I see only a 667... Its a
> kernel bug ? Or I need to install something to use the full power of my
> computer ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Anonymous

I have asked this same question before and after replies, I was still
not able to fix it. My Tibook - 1GHz - shutdown down every time I try to
change the speed.

If you search the list for 'cpufreq', you'll find various answers to
this as well as possible solutions - if they work. Also, look in

/usr/src/linux-<kernel vers>/Documentation/cpufreq

for info on how to set the speed.

Gentoo also has a specific blurb on this subject:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-ppc-faq.xml#doc_chap2

Good Luck!

- Jason