667 or 1Ghz ?

Suman Chakrabarti yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 18 14:47:01 2003

>Anonymous wrote:
>>... This is the question...
>>
>>;)
>>
>>I have install YDL 3.0 on my PB G4 1Ghz,... But I see only a 667... Its a
>>kernel bug ? Or I need to install something to use the full power of my
>>computer ?
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Anonymous
>
>I have asked this same question before and after replies, I was
>still not able to fix it. My Tibook - 1GHz - shutdown down every
>time I try to change the speed.
>
>If you search the list for 'cpufreq', you'll find various answers to
>this as well as possible solutions - if they work. Also, look in
>
>/usr/src/linux-<kernel vers>/Documentation/cpufreq
>
>for info on how to set the speed.
>
>Gentoo also has a specific blurb on this subject:
>http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-ppc-faq.xml#doc_chap2
>
>Good Luck!
>
>- Jason

I confirm the same problem on my machine. I've looked at the Gentoo
page. Is recompiling the kernel nontrivial? It sounds like it. I
can't find above path on my YDL 3.0.

I guess I'll have to search for myself. I'm getting a little drained
from spending so much time reconfiguring parameters to make a machine
run properly. Does it ever get less time consuming?

		SC

--
Suman Chakrabarti, Ph.D.
Thermal / Fluids / Plasma Propulsion Modeling Engineer	(& Kitchen Sink)

TD40 / Propulsion Research Center		<Suman.Chakrabarti@nasa.gov>
NASA Marshall Space Flight Center		AIM/iChat:  <scstr@mac.com>
Huntsville, AL  35812
			Schedule:	<webcal://ical.mac.com/scstr/Work.ics>

TD40 is a part of the Space Transportation Directorate at NASA MSFC
Any opinion expressed is my own and not that of NASA

"If it's Sumanly possible, it'll be done."