Apple LCD 17" Studio Display LCD

Suman Chakrabarti yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 18 14:22:01 2003

Earlier advice was given to change it to "Flat Panel". That worked for me.

>Sorry, but I tried this to no avail.  The screen is still always off
>to the right by 3/16" (about 5 mm)
>
>Brian
>
>>>Message: 8
>>>Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:57:04 -0400
>>>From: "J. Brian Adams" <brian.adams@fandm.edu>
>>>Subject: Apple LCD 17 monitor
>>>To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
>>>=20
>>>I have YDL installed on a dual G4 with a Nvidia card and an Apple 17
>>>LCD monitor.  When I startx, the screen is always shifted off center;
>>>sometimes far to the left or to the right, but usually only about 10 mm
>>>to the right.  It is usable, but annoying as windows on the right
>>>reappear on the left.  I have run Xautoconfig and also tried to
>>>configure it manually, but it does not seem to help. When I run the
>>>display settings, it always starts up with unknown monitor and unknown
>>>video card.  So I guess it is not storing my configuration correctly.
>>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>Yes. For all who meet this problem, here is the solution (again):
>>
>>In the file /etc/X11/XF86config, Monitor Section,
>>replace "dpms" by "flat=A0panel".
>>
>>It works.
>>
>>Charles

Suman Chakrabarti, Ph.D.
Thermal / Fluids / Plasma Propulsion Modeling Engineer	(& Kitchen Sink)

TD40 / Propulsion Research Center		<Suman.Chakrabarti@nasa.gov>
NASA Marshall Space Flight Center		AIM/iChat:  <scstr@mac.com>
Huntsville, AL  35812
			Schedule:	<webcal://ical.mac.com/scstr/Work.ics>

TD40 is a part of the Space Transportation Directorate at NASA MSFC
Any opinion expressed is my own and not that of NASA

"If it's Sumanly possible, it'll be done."