667 or 1Ghz ?

Dan Burcaw yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 18 18:15:01 2003

On newer laptops, they startup at a lower cpu rating
by default and under OS X crank up as speed is required (e.g. lots of
apps open, etc.).  Under YDL, to crank of the CPU speed to the max, you
can do this:

cat /proc/sys/cpu/0/speed_max > /proc/sys/cpu/0/speed

The cpufreqd program mentioned earlier can dynamically scale the CPU
speed like OS X.

Regards,
Dan