Yellowdog as desktop OS? (Java and VPN needed)

Adhamh Findlay yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Sep 19 08:05:01 2003

Hello,

I'm considering switching to yellowdog as my desktop OS from OS X.  There
are two main things that could stop me from doing this, one is JDK support
and the other is VPN support.

I found the thread about IBM's 1.4.1 JDK being hackable to work on
yellowdog, but I'm concerned about forcing the  604 class code to be used
when I running a G4.  What are the implications of doing this?  I take it
that the 1.3.1 JDK does not have the same processor limitation?

 I found some older threads about IPSec support, but nothing recent.  What
type of client side VPN solutions are available for yellowdog?

Thanks!

Adhamh Findlay