128 bit WEP doesn't work /w Airport card

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Sep 21 20:03:01 2003

I have an older 500 MHz white iBook running YDL3.0.
I configured Airport support manually by adding the following lines to
/etc/rc.local

/sbin/iwconfig eth1 essid "wireless_network_name"
wireless_hex_equivalent_password
/sbin/route add default gw 192.168.0.255

Where wireless_network_name and wireless_hex_equivalent_password are
replaced with values retrieved from the OSX Airport Admin Utility and
the IP address for the default gateway obviously may be different for
your network.

I've had no problems with this set-up. I've never tried using the
Redhat config tools.

Greg