BootX and kernel args

Isaac Wingfield yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 22 13:03:00 2003

Thanks for the suggestions, but I think I need to be a little more clear:

X works fine. The problem is that I cannot read the screen *except* when X
is running, because my monitor loses sync.

It's *before* X takes over that I need to change the screen parameters, but
kernel args in BootX don't seem to do anything.

I've tried "video=atyfb:vmode=18:cmode=16" and several variations on that
theme, but nothing I've tried changes the screen res during the text part
of the boot process. BootX won't even *leave it alone*, the way the Mac set
it up.

Isaac