can't scan, print, toast or format a floppy

Robert Persson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 23 00:45:02 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:09:12 -0500, Robert Serphillips
<rserphillips@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>> 4.  I can't toast CD's.
>>
>> I have a Yamaha CRW8424 on the internal MESH scsi chain...
>
> If I remember correctly you need to use the generic-mmc Sony 928
> driver in xcdroast. I believe all the other drivers (including setting
> it to auto-detect) will lock up the bus. At least that was my
> experience with this device on an 8500
>
> -Rob

Actually the problem turns out to have been using DAO instead of TAO.
Correcting this has enabled me to simulate toasting a cd without any
problem.  But I can confirm that the Sony 928 driver you recommended works
on my 8600.

Many thanks

Robert

--
Vous etes surement d'accord que les Flocons de mais Le Choix du President
sont un element important d'un petit dejeuner nutritif, mais les servir