can't scan, print, toast or format a floppy

Robert Serphillips yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 22 08:10:00 2003

> 4.  I can't toast CD's.
>
> I have a Yamaha CRW8424 on the internal MESH scsi chain and guess
> what? It works fine under MacOS and is correctly recognised by
> kudzu.
>
> Actually it is also recognised by cdrecord (using xcdroast as a
> front end) and makes lots of promising noises as I start a simulated
> write.  But it doesn't get very far.  The scrolling messages say:

> input buffer ready,
> sending CVE sheet...
>
> and then it locks up the scsi bus so that I have to hit the power
> button on everything, including my scanner (which is on a different
> scsi chain), in order to get things back to normal.

If I remember correctly you need to use the generic-mmc Sony 928
driver in xcdroast. I believe all the other drivers (including setting
it to auto-detect) will lock up the bus. At least that was my
experience with this device on an 8500

-Rob