single user boot

Jerry S. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 23 20:10:01 2003

Hello K,

KBL> I've been having trouble get some ppp0 problems resolved. I was told to
KBL> boot as single user and disable the ppp0 so as to get back to the point
KBL> where I can reset it properly. The problem is the boot stalls following
KBL> an attempt to load the Firewire controller. The last line on the screen
KBL> is "sh-2.05b#".

  If you did a "linux -single" to boot, congrates you ended up
  exactly where you wanted to be.  When the system boots to single
  user mode, you are automatically logged in as root and left at a
  console prompt.  There is no gui in single user mode.

  From the "sh-2.05b#" prompt you should be able to disable the ppp0
  however you were told. (may be easiest to run
  redhat-config-network-tui).

  jer

--
Best regards,