OS X 10.2.8 causing problems for YDL 3.0?

Michael Coyle yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 23 20:17:01 2003

> I've got a 12" Powerbook G4. I just upgraded OS X from version 10.2.6
> 10.2.8. Afterwards I noticed that the computer suddenly shutdown while
> attempting to boot into YDL 3.0.
>
> I use yaboot as my boot manager, and the shutdown occurs early in the
> YDL
> boot process, i.e., before the "Welcome to Yellow Dog Linux" message
> that
> appears in yellow text.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem and, if so, is there a fix?

Yes. Same problem here on a TiBook. I make it past yaboot, the first
few lines of boot code snap on the screen (before the YDL boot image),
and the computer shuts down. It's so early in the process that the
linux root partition never mounts.

Under MacOS X, I mounted the bootstrap to a /Volume/temp folder and the
contents are there and appear to be OK.

I zapped the pram to with no results.

Michael

The Reality Show they're afraid to put on TV.
Visit the Coyle Family web site. <http://www.CoyleFamily.com>