128 bit WEP doesn't work /w Airport card

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 24 07:07:01 2003

> Hello everyone.
> I've got a 800 MHz iBook w/ 640 MB of RAM and I'm
> trying to get the Airport card to work w/ my 128 bit
> WEP.

<snip>

> Thanks,
> Rich Compton

<snip>

Rich:

As nearly as I can tell (can't get anyone to say it in these words),
wireless is simply not supported on the iBook (mine's a 12").  WEP or
otherwise.  I've been waiting for a couple weeks now on some promised news
about a fix from YDL.  Nothing yet.  Meanwhile, I bought a used Thinkpad
600x, put RH9 on it and am now starting to get things going.  The
beautiful little iBook will sit on the shelf until YDL gets this fixed.

George