128 bit WEP doesn't work /w Airport card

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 24 07:17:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 08:41, ydl@litenverden.com wrote:
> As nearly as I can tell (can't get anyone to say it in these words),
> wireless is simply not supported on the iBook (mine's a 12").  WEP or
> otherwise.

 I had Airport running (with WEP) on my 500Mhz iBook without any
problems. I think it took less than 15minutes to set it up. Has
something changed with the new iBooks?

 Now, if only I could get Airport Extreme to work with my 12" Powerbook.
My advice is stay away from the Powerbook. Mine has been in the shop
twice so far, once to replace the optical drive, the other time to
replace the motherboard. It has probably been my worst Apple machine
ever.

Cheers,

Chris