128 bit WEP doesn't work /w Airport card

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 24 10:16:00 2003

>snip>

> I have a 12-inch iBook (late 2001 dual USB) and for me, wireless was
> detected during install but not set up to connect; I had to edit some
> files first.  These notes are assuming that eth1 is the port that was
> assigned for wireless.
> <snip>

> Edith

<snip>

Yup, Edith.  I did all that.  I also cut and pasted every step at the
command line into the YDL how-tos and sent the detailed log to YDL.
Nothing seems to work.  I installed BSD on the machine and that did not
work.  OS X works fine.  I'm guessing that all iBooks are not created
equal (so to speak).  Could be that some have different bits and pieces
under the covers.

I'm really OK with this so long as something happens in the not too far
distant future.  I really appreciate what YDL is doing to "open up" the
MAC for folks like me.

George