wireless not working on iBook

Richard Compton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 24 12:47:02 2003

--0-9663493-1064429197=:92496

I was able to join the wireless network with 128 bit WEP enabled in OS X, just not in YDL.  I have another AP.  I will enable 128 bit wep this evening and try it out to see if it is just the DLink AP.

Patrick Dorn <pyxelp@yahoo.com> wrote:I think part of the problem he mentioned to me was that 128bit wouldn't work but he was also trying to join a DLink access point. I sent him my config file but I think part of the problem is with the DLink access points not recognizing the WEP Key setup in the config file. In the past I have had problems trying to join an iMac to a DLink using 128 but it worked just fine with 40bit, however the iMac was running OS X not YDL

.

Patrick M. Dorn

--0-9663493-1064429197=:92496

<DIV>I was able to join the wireless network with 128 bit WEP enabled in OS X, just not in YDL.&nbsp; I have another AP.&nbsp; I will enable 128 bit wep this evening and try it out to see if it is just the DLink AP.<BR><BR><B><I>Patrick Dorn &lt;pyxelp@yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>I think part of the problem he mentioned to me was that 128bit wouldn't work but he was also trying to join a DLink access point. I sent him my config file but I think part of the problem is with the DLink access points not recognizing the WEP Key setup in the config file. In the past I have had problems trying to join an iMac to a DLink using 128 but it worked just fine with 40bit, however the iMac was running OS X not YDL</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>.</DIV><BR><BR>
<DIV><EM><FONT face="comic sans ms">Patrick M. Dorn</FONT></EM></DIV>
<P>
<HR SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=10469/*http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com">Yahoo! SiteBuilder</A> - Free, easy-to-use web site design software</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>