wireless not working on iBook

George H. Yeager yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Sep 27 17:18:00 2003

Richard Compton wrote:
> I was able to join the wireless network with 128 bit WEP enabled in OS
> X, just not in YDL.  I have another AP.  I will enable 128 bit wep this
> evening and try it out to see if it is just the DLink AP.
>
> */Patrick Dorn <pyxelp@yahoo.com>/* wrote:
>
>     I think part of the problem he mentioned to me was that 128bit
>     wouldn't work but he was also trying to join a DLink access point. I
>     sent him my config file but I think part of the problem is with the
>     DLink access points not recognizing the WEP Key setup in the config
>     file. In the past I have had problems trying to join an iMac to a
>     DLink using 128 but it worked just fine with 40bit, however the iMac
>     was running OS X not YDL

<snip>

Richard:

Can't wait to hear how you do.  I do use a D-Link AP, but I don't think
that's the issue.  I've also tried it with Linksys.  No soap.  I can get
wireless up just fine with OS X on the D-Link AP, 128 bit encryption and
all.

If someone can get it working with brand "X" I'll run out and buy a
brand "X" AP.  No problem.  However, if you want to take your iBook to
the local wireless hangout, you'd expect it to work with whatever they have.

George