OS X 10.2.8 causing problems for YDL 3.0?

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 24 13:13:00 2003

> From: Troy Vitullo <tvitullo@terrasoftsolutions.com>
> Date: 2003/09/24 Wed PM 01:24:05 CDT
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: Re: OS X 10.2.8 causing problems for YDL 3.0?
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm Troy Vitullo, Terra Soft Support. It's official from us, don't in stall
10.2.8 if you want to keep running YDL. If you call Apple Support, they'll
tell you how to download to 10.2.6.

> Thanks,
>
> Troy

I'm the one who originally reported the problem with 10.2.8. You can
downgrade to 10.2.6 by booting from the installation CD and choosing "Archive
and Install" (you have to go through a few menus before you get there). Also
make sure you check the box underneath Archive and Install that preverses
your network and other settings.

In my case the above procedure brought me back to version 10.2.3; I then used
Software Update in System Preferences to upgrade to 10.2.6. It isn't a
perfect process; there are a couple of programs that got trashed. But overall
it works pretty well.

I am, however, very disappointed in Apple. This is the kind of crap I expect
from Microsoft! Next time I won't be so quick to install a system update.