"patch" command hangs when trying to patch kernel sources

Robert Persson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Sep 26 00:00:02 2003

Hi

I downloaded the 2.4.22 kernel sources and the ppc patch and have been
trying to apply the patch to the sources.  I place the 2.4.22 source
directory and the patch file in the same directory and type "patch -p0
linuxppc-2.4.22.patch", but nothing happens.  The cursor moves down a
line, the machine stays quiet (no disk activity), but the prompt does not
return, even after more than one hour.  Other processes seem unaffected
and I can carry run other programs while I am waiting.

Any ideas?

Robert

--
Vous etes surement d'accord que les Flocons de mais Le Choix du President
sont un element important d'un petit dejeuner nutritif, mais les servir