Major Panic Attack - Virtual Valium

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Sep 26 11:24:00 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 23:39, mascarasnake wrote:
> uh oh.
> Having a bit of trouble with Konqueror loading web pages. All inline
> frames are loading as source. I also get source for an entire page when
> I try to open a link in a new tab. The new tab thing I can force with
> the -->View mode to khtml.
>
> This actually started happening *before* I started trying to do any
> compiling. If anyone can help, I'll rename my stepkids after you.

I fixed the problem, finally. (up till 4 and up again at 7 - can we say
obsessive?)

If anyone else runs across this prob, here's the skinny.

-Somehow my file associations got discombobulated. The fix was actually
simple after I went thru *Every File In The .kde Directory* (I now have
a firm grasp of what does what in there).
All I actually had to do was change The file associations under
-->Settings
---->Configure Konqueror
------>File Associations
------>expand "text"
------>choose "html"
------>click "Embedding" tab
------>Select "Show file in embedded viewer"
------>MMake sure KHTML is at the top of the list for "Services
Preference Order.

There

Only thing I can thinks happenedis that I was transfering some text
files from my wintel and a couple came over as unknown or as web
archives. I changed their file types to plain text under properties, and
something went wacked.

I hope that this can help keep some other poor Newbie from a sleepless
night, or worst reformatting and reinstalling.

                               Bossa Nova

                              masarasnake
                        dontdrill@earthlink.net