Odd Networking Problem

Bryan D. Brown yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Sep 26 16:49:01 2003

Hey, all-

I recently installed Awstats, and got it up and running, etc... I
also had video card problem that forced me to reboot the server. I
had used ssh to get into the server to install Awstats.

When the server came back on line, all of the internet/server
settings were gone. The IP address, the domain name, everything
available under ifconfig - had all been reset to the default settings
- of course, rendering the web and mail servers completely useless. I
have rebooted the machine before, but it's always come back fully
functional.

Now, nothing I did should have impacted those settings at all. Has
anyone had this happen, and is there a reason? Is it something I
should worry about?

I am running a PowerPC 9500/150 with YDL 2.9.4.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan