802.11b/g pcmcia card on a 15" powerbook

Tony yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 2 22:50:02 2004

Jef,

I may be wrong, but I don't believe the newer Powerbooks or iBooks use
PCMCIA anymore.  Until the newer airport extreme cards (802.11g) are
supported only the older powerbooks and ibooks that used the original
airport card (802.11b) are supported.

There are still a few recently discontinued 800MHz G3 iBooks available
at a great price ($699) that should support Yellow Dog Linux.

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?hw_cat_id=3
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?hw_cat_id=4

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=156611
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=488654